- Additional Details
- Format: DVD - Multi-film Collection
- Rating: PG
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 417 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: June 18, 2013
- Director: John Sturges, Burt Kennedy,Andrew V. McLaglen
- Cast: John Wayne,Eddie Albert,Diana Muldaur,Ann-Margret,Rod Taylor,Forrest Tucker,Christopher George,George Kennedy,Gary Grimes
- Genre: Western
- Release Date: 1970, 1973, 1974
Wayne stars as John Chisum, a real-life cattle king determined to protect his empire against a land-grabbing developer (Forrest Tucker). Wayne’s no-nonsense persona snugly fits this lively reworking of the events of New Mexico’s 1878 Lincoln County War.
The Train Robbers (1973)
Three Civil War veterans (Wayne, Rod Taylor and Ben Johnson) team up with a train robber’s widow (Ann-Margret) to recover a half-million in gold. But the dead man’s ex-partners want the gold, and they’ll kill to get it in this rollicking caper from writer/director Burt Kennedy.
Cahill: United States Marshal (1973)
Lawman J.D. Cahill (Wayne) can stand alone against an army of bad guys. But as a widower father, he’s on insecure footing raising two sons. Particularly when he suspects they’re involved in a bank robbery and two killings in this suspenseful blend of action and heroic sentiment.
As Detective Lon McQ, Wayne thunderously enforces the law in a high-velocity thriller that’s like a big-city revenge Western on wheels. Directed by action master John Sturges and written by coproducer Lawrence Roman, McQ is a breathless, gritty showcase for the Duke.