TCM Greatest Classic Legends: Paul Newman DVD
SKU ID #447849
- Standard (MI & USPS) — by 12:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, Dec.15
- Standard Expedited (Ground) — by 12:00 PM (EST) Wednesday, Dec.16
- 2-day — by 12:00 PM (EST) Monday, Dec.21
- Overnight — by 12:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, Dec.22
- Additional Details
- Format: DVD - Multi-film Collection
- Rating: PG
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 458 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: June 18, 2013
- Director: John Huston,Robert Wise,Stuart Rosenberg,Jack Smight
- Cast: Paul Newman,Dominique Sanda,James Mason,Pier Angeli,Everett Sloane,George Kennedy,Strother Martin,Lauren Bacall,Julie Harris
- Genre: Drama
- Release Date: 1956, 1966, 1967, 1973
Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956)
Newman plays a desperate youth who needs dough. He gives himself the name Rocky Graziano,signs on to spar for $10...and flattens a top boxer. The name sticks. So does the impact of this inspiring tale about Graziano’s rise from poverty and rage to the middleweight title.
As a sleuth named Harper, Newman chews gum fast and slips out of jams even faster, unraveling a twisted case of kidnapping and murder. A clever script throws quips and a parade of LA-LA Land characters his way. Each person may possess a clue. Or a bullet for Harper.
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
His crime: nonconformity. His sentence: the chain gang. Newman plays one of his best-loved roles as Cool Hand Luke, the loner who won’t – or can’t – bend to the arbitrary rules of his captivity. Fine character actors, including Oscar® winner* George Kennedy, provide solid support.
The Mackintosh Man (1973)
Joseph Rearden (Newman) is British Intelligence’s man on the inside. It’s his job to infiltrate the enemies and convince them he’s one of them. And he must get through it alive in this tense and tricky thriller, directed by John Huston from a screenplay by Walter Hill.